Friday night on The Rachel Maddow Show,” Rachel finally highlighted something that had been irritating me ever since Wednesday, when she had Senator Debbie Stabenow on her show in the wake of the MA-Sen loss of Martha Coakley to Senator Freeball McNudemodel: the prospects for Senate Democrats altering or abolishing the filibuster. Continue reading
Welcome to Post Tenebras Lux
A blog dedicated to the notion that, when it comes to politics, it's just got to be better to light one small candle than to keep shooting in the dark.
This blog consists of the personal political maunderings of, well, me. The term Post Tenebras Lux is Latin, meaning "after darkness, light." It was originally the motto of the Protestant Reformation*. And although this blog is not in any way based in or concerning either Christianity or religion in general, I shamelessly horked the Calvinists' motto because I love the notion of progress being akin to the collective struggle to awaken from a great darkness...
* Update: Apparently, as of April, 2013, Post Tenebras Lux is now also the title of a reasonably well-received movie).
- Tired of Joe and Mika? Learn something real from dad: Brzezinski: Lessons from a Life in Strategy itun.es/us/sXiJL • written 2 hours ago
- The last graf of this is maybe the best short bit I've read all year: The Sloppiness Syndrome krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/22/the… • written 2 hours ago
- Bernanke to Congress: Seriously, guys, what are you doing? m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog… • written 2 hours ago
- Asshole karma jiu-jitsu http://t.co/pszoEabxyk • written 3 hours ago
- RT @katbeewhite: More fuckery #gopFAIL #UniteBlue #p2 http://t.co/t2DQPpPez4 • written 7 hours ago